Question
Posted by: Sans | 2008/01/10

Sarcoidosis

Dear Dr Smith
I have just been diagnosed with Sarcoidosis. I have been to see a Palmologist and he wants to put me on Cortozone treatment for 6 months. I am very uncomftable with the side effect of cortozone. I have also been to see a Homeopath and want to know if this is not the best way to go. I have been taking my kids and myself have been to see him and I believe in Homeopathic medicines.

Please advise.

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

The treatment you should follow depends on your severity of symptoms. If it has affected your pulmonary flow significantly (thus your breathing is reduced) you might consider the cortisone for a very short period to control the inflammation). If not consult you can use homeopathic remedies but it might be advisable to go for regular test to make sure the medication is working.

Dr Debbie

1
Posted by: Warel | 2009/02/10

I HAVE A 32YR OLD BROTHER THAT AFTER SEVERAL VISITS TO HOSPITAL HE WAS TOLD THAT HE SUFFERS FROM SARCOIDOSIS. HE WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT A PAIN OVER THE CHEST AND WAS STRUGGLING TO BREATH. NOW HE IS SHORT OF BREATH GETS TIED VERY QUICKLY. CAN YOU PERHAPS EXPLAIN TO US WHERE THIS DISEASE COMES FROM AND IN PLAIN ENGLISH WHAT IT IS PLEASE.

Reply to Warel