Question
Posted by: Petula | 2006/07/30

Sarcoid Scare

After my hysterectomy 2 years ago i was given a hormone capsule to balance my hormones / menapause according to my doctor. A small mark (looked like dry skin) appeared on my face with scab. I pulled the scab off and it grew bigger. It now covers my whole cheek and parts of my scalp. I have since stopped taking this drug as my skin became patchy with unsightly dark marks around my mouth and other parts of my face.

I'm always feeling tired. My specialist checks x rays every month to monitor damage to my liver & organs since taking methotrexate.

I've been told by my specialist that i will go blind if the sarcoid grows on my eye.

Please help.

Expert ImageArchive

I assume that you have sarcoidosis mainly invoving the face, that you are treated with methotrexate and that you are followed up by a specialist. Everything seems OK to me. Sarcoid may involve the eye.