Question
Posted by: Petula | 2006/07/23

Sarcoid after hysterectomy

I've developed psoriasis on my legs and large sarcoids on my face and on scalp after my hysterectomy. My specialist does not know how i can treat them. Desperate!!! i am trying various ointments on my face & have finally been prescribed a drug called methotrexate.
Is it linked to medication taken after hysterectomy? What is the cause of this and how can i treat it?

Expert ImageArchive

Psoriasis and saarcois are different conditions. Tell l me which condition you have. The treatment and outlook are different. Send much more information!

1
Posted by: Petula | 2006/07/26

Dermatologist
After my hysterectomy 2 years ago i was given a hormone capsule to balance my hormones / menapause according to my doctor. A small mark (looked like dry skin) appeared on my face with scab. I pulled the scab off and it grew bigger. It now covers my whole cheek and parts of my scalp. I have since stopped taking this drug as my skin became patchy with dark marks around my mouth and other parts of my face.

I'm always feeling tired. My specialist checks x rays every month to monitor damage to my liver & organs since taking methotrexate.

I've been told by my specialist that i will go blind if the sarcoid grows on my eye.

Please help.

Reply to Petula