Question
Posted by: mommy | 2007/02/19

sandoz sulpiride 50mg

hi cs. my gp prescribed the abovementioned meds when i tol her i am stil breastfeeding my baba and feeling generally down and irritable. just asking for a 2nd opinion. i this helpful ? how long will it take before it will take effect? is it safe? it says on the leaflet " safety not established in lactating mothers"

If you'll check the archives of this forum you'll find I have often discussed this peculiar drug. It is deeply beloved by many SA GP's, who appear to have been oddly taught about it in their training, and believe it does wonders. Elsewhere in the world it is not used as it is used here. I would NEVER ever prescribe it, in a lactating mother or otherwise, but many do. You need to ask the doc who wrote the prescription for information about the EVIDENCE for benefits of this drug in this situation, and about any possible risks, including any possible risks to a breastfed baby