Question
Posted by: El-Jo | 2005/06/24

Same old story

Nothing new. I’m crying. It is a sad day - a bad day. I see no light. I see no future. Each day a bigger struggle than the one before. Despair snowballing - consuming me. Will it ever end? No, it will never end. Everyone tired of my story. I see it on their faces. I see in their eyes. I hear it in their voices. I read in their words. Make me invisible. Hide my shame.

So sorry to hear this, El-JO. Persevere, nomatter how hopeless it sems. Your husbands illness will end, surely beore greatly longer, and you will find peace in life after that. Your endurance has been superhuman so far, and the challenge will not remain this severe for greatly longer, surely.
Folks, we can each have an awful day ; and each of us has our own sort of awful. For someone like El-Jo, it's facing a very long-lasting and awful cancer in her husband ; for someone else it's a broken finger-nail.

6
Posted by: Lola | 2005/06/24

El-Jo, under the circumstances, I don't know how you have stayed strong. You are a remarkable woman, and these are said times you are going through. Although I don't have any way of helping you, just know that we are always here to listen, and never tire of you. God Bless. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Star | 2005/06/24

Was just about to ask if anybody is having as shitty day as me, but know I know I am not alone on this Friday! Is there even such a thing as normal?

KC, do you really think those happy people are really happy?

El-jo, now we can all wonder who's going to have the worst day.

Why does life have to be so hard? Seems like we were put on this earth to work, work, work. Count how many hours you spend at work, with people we don't really know or like. It seems we work to enjoy life, but have so little to time to actually do it.

Life is unfair, but hey, I suppose every cloud has a silver lining. If we keep on working really hard, one day we can retire and have time to do things we want to. Just a pitty then we are to bloody old!!!!!

Reply to Star
Posted by: KC | 2005/06/24

Skiboo - if u find out how to feel normal, let us know!!! How to miraculously have our dreams become a reality?? How to not constantly have things to worry about, people to worry about??

Sometimes i wish i could just go nuts so i can be booked in somewhere, just to run away from everyone and everything!

Constantly feeling pessimistic and sad and resentful of other people and their 'normal' happy lives..........

One day......like Annie sings - the sun'll come out tomorrow..........

Reply to KC
Posted by: Skiboo | 2005/06/24

Yeah, I know exactly how both of you feel. I'm so tired of feeling negative all the time, I often wonder what its like to just feel normal - what is that, to feel normal? I don't know. Last night and today are really bad days, and yet in the last while I seemed to be doing a little better. I wish I could just shake this negativity and start feel positive about life and where I am. I am praying constantly and feel totally at a loss as to why I am feeling like this. I feel anxious, sad and depressed all the time and I know this is effecting my husband as well. I want some miracle cure that will heal me of all unwarranted negative feelings for ever and let me just handle life like normal people do. How do I get that?

Reply to Skiboo
Posted by: KC | 2005/06/24

You know the saying - 'There's light at the end of every tunnel"??

Alot of times i think its bulls*&t, but i still have a roof over my head, i dont go to bed hungry, etc. Youi have to find blessings in life to make you appreciate the little you do have.

I dont know if your problem is emotional, financial or physical (mine unfortunately is all of the above:-(), but somehow, you need to pull through.

I tell myself that nobody else can have a crapier life than mine has been, and i;m still young, so i know there's more to come,!! But theres no point in allowing it to consume you.

I dont practice what i preach, who does, but i can see you're in alot of pain, and i dont know what i can say to you to make you feel more optimistic about life.

Surround yourself with the things that make you happy, say thank you for the blessings in your life (no matter how small or rare....). Whether all you can muster is being grateful for eyesight - somepeople dont have it:-(

Good luck. Try to pick yourself up, talk to people that care about you!! We're always here on this site. So talk away.....

Reply to KC
Posted by: SR | 2005/06/24

Have you ever pondered about your gifts, your blessings, those things in life which you can feel grateful and thankful for?

Reply to SR