Question
Posted by: vee | 2007/08/14

same everyday

I would like to if i am overloading? I have plain yogart at 9.30 every morning, then maybe a fruit later, lunch time i have all bran flakes and weetbix mixed. Evening a side plate with what ever i am making the family. I sometimes still feel a bit bloated in the afternoon. Am i overloading on the same thing too much? I am not trying to lose weight, just do not want fatty heavy foods. I have been eating like this for 2mths now.

Dear Vee
I am not sure what you mean with 'overloading'? Do you mean 'Eating too much in total' or 'Eating too much dietary fibre'? The diet you describe is certainly not excessive and actually seems rather restricted and lacking in variety. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet. Because you don't want to lose weight, you can eat larger portions of these low-fat foods, but do try to include a greater variety of foods in your diet (esp more fat-free milk, yoghurt, cottage cheese to increase your calcium intake and lean meat or fish for iron to prevent anaemia).

1
Posted by: Vix | 2007/08/14

yes you are def overdoing the carbs girl!! the best thing to do is balance it out. Remember you have to have at least 5-6 small meals a day to tell your body you are feeding it regularly so that it does not store your fat. Make sure you have proteins and carbs in one meal. Eg: have your apple and low fat (pref fat free) yoghurt in the morning with scrambled eggs (whites) this is then your dose of carbs and proteins in 1 meal. Why are you eating cereal for lunch? you are having All bran and Weetbix (both carbs). Try having a slice of low GI bread (more than enough carbs) and tuna / tomato etc which is your protein. You are correct in having a smaller meal at night (try not to have carbs after 4 though). The more regular meals you have a day the better (try all palm size though). This is an easy balanced life style and you should not feel bloated.

Reply to Vix