Question
Posted by: Danger to myself part2 | 2004/11/10

Sam

Hi all
Thank you for you sound advise on Friday but unfortunately I am still suicidal. I can't walk pass any form of medication without having thoughts of drinking it.
I phoned my shrink a few minutes ago but he is busy. Will try again later. But what do I do in the mean time.
I am at work. Have no work to do and is only knocking of from my shift at 20:30. Can't leave offive until then

Please give advise......

DTM, call back to your shrink ( he's probably been in the middle of a session ). And meantime, call one or several of the emergency numbers given on this Forum page. Schizophrenia is a real burden, but you don't need to give in to any suicidal impulses. I know it can FEEL hopeless, but I don't believe that it IS hopeless, so work with your shrink and maybe lifeline, or a casualty dept, and work through this crisis.

8
Posted by: brightness | 2004/11/11

Well you know it kinda explains why you havent been feeling good...(being without the medication and all) are you taking at the moment?

Also try be positive - of course you can get through this...by seeking help it shows that you want to get better :)

All the best my friend and like your Doc says keep yourself busy...start getting involved in a sport you like or gym perhaps, its a great way to spend time and to enjoy it to (lots and lots of choices when it comes to sport!)

Keep strong and let us know how are you going now and then :) now have yourself a great day!
Remember you are always loved by God no matter what, you are never alone!!!

Reply to brightness
Posted by: Sam | 2004/11/10

Spoke to my shrink.
He told me to keep myself busy and give the medication time to work. (been without it for 2 months)
If it doesn't work, I have to be hospitilized.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Sam | 2004/11/10

Hi Brightness

My shrink promised me that he will call me as soon as he is finish with a session. Now it is just up to me to be patient.

Thank you for all your response.
Have a nice day.
God bless

Reply to Sam
Posted by: brightness | 2004/11/10

Im so glad you wrote back...i was thinking about you yesterday and wondering if you were okay.

keep trying to call your shrink...
GO visit this site it has loads of interesting reading , esp if you have extra time on your hands...www(dot)biblegateway(dot)com. Go through it and see. I esp like the link at top called daily wisdom has lots and lots of encouraging stories to read will keep you busy for a while :) just click on the dates

I pray you get sorted soon and no matter how bad you feel or or day goes ther are people who care about you so dont do anything silly and pls get some help from your shrink :) your life is important and with the right medication or help you can feel normal agian.

God bless you and be strong

Reply to brightness
Posted by: S | 2004/11/10

Hi Sam
Well that explains a lot.
Surely you are on medication to control your shizophrenia?
Chat to your shrink and see what they suggest.
Dont do anything silly - I know its so easy to say but stay strong

Reply to S
Posted by: Sam | 2004/11/10

To S

I don't know why I am suicidal. It some times just happens and my response to it, is by taking an overdose.
The last time I did it was last week. Should I add that I am schizofrenic.
I feel so hopeless.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: S | 2004/11/10

Why are you suicidal?
I am sure your shrink will call you as soon as he/she is finished with her other client.
It wont be long

Reply to S
Posted by: Cindy | 2004/11/10

Continue doing the direct opposite of what you're trying to do. go and offer to help someone who is busy. Ask your doctor to book you off

Reply to Cindy