Question
Posted by: Gary | 2008/01/24

Salt Addict

Hi DietDoc

Please I need help, I crave salt and spices and eat a handful every week.
Yes I’m on medication for high blood pressure. I need something to stop the crave. (tablet, injection or something)

Salt Addict

Dear Gary
You need to urgently discuss this salt craving with the doctor who is treating you for the high bp. It is dangerous to consume salt, table salt and spices that contain sodium chloride if you suffer from high blood pressure as it can exacerbate the condition and also affect your kidneys. The dr may have to do some tests to see what is causing this craving.