Question
Posted by: Didi | 2004/03/08

Saline versus Silicone

Six months ago I had a breast enlargement using saline, this gave me trouble from the beginning, first by sounding like a bag swishing with water (only the left side) now the same side is showing points that are visible from the outside, the doctor said this is caused by the bag kinking and said the only way to solve this is for me to have this replaced with silicone under the muscle. PLEASE ADVISE ME !!!!!! Could the bag be faulty????

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Didi,

Unfortunately this is one of the complications that can occur with saline implants. It usually happens in the case of thin patients. Chances are slim that the bag is faulty. It has more to do with your anatomy.