Question
Posted by: Frost | 2007/05/25

Salary formula

My salary is R6,300 a month.
I have worked two days short this month (May).
What should my pay be for this month and what is the formula used to calculate it?
I have been told that the formula used by my employer is 6300 / 21.67 * 19.67, but I do not agree as I in fact worked 21 days this month.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Dear Frost

The salary is calculated by a daily pay. You merely take your month's salary and divide it by how many days you normally work in a month. This then gives your daily amount and then multiply it by the 21 days that you worked.

MICHAEL BAGRAIM

1
Posted by: Spartikus | 2007/05/30

I calculated that your daily wage is R290.99 If you worked 21 days the you salary should be R6110.85 However, R6300/21.67 x 19.67 = R5718.85. Now R6300 - R 5718.85 = R581.15.
1 days salary = R581.15/2 = R290.58 . The numbers add up and they are correct. Sorry

Reply to Spartikus