Posted by: Belinda | 2009/04/02

sakke onder oe

Ek is 37 jaar oud en het donker kringe en sakke onder my oë . ek rook nie, slaap goed en drink nie baie nie. Wat kan ek gebruik om dit beter te maak of wat kan ek gebruik om dit te verbloem?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Belinda, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to examine the area of concern before advising on the best treatment option/s.
As a general rule the ‘bag’ that you refer to can be as a result of a fatty deposit, fluid buildup, ligament laxity, or as various combinations of these possible causes. The ‘dark ring’ is caused by either fat pad support loss (allowing the skin to fall onto the underlying bone creating a shadow effect), underlying veins, pigmentation, or hemoglobin deposits in the skin.
Most of these causes need some form of medical intervention and unfortunately no topical product will give one the desired results. My advice is to consult a cosmetic dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner who is experienced in this area. Ask for before and after photographs of the eye area that the practitioner has treated.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.