Question
Posted by: Lee | 2008/01/08

Saggy matters

In September i weighed 112. I now weigh 93 and hopefully i'll be losing more soon. I am female and 27. I feel great and boy do i look way better than i did at 112kgs!

The problem however is that things are now saggy and flabby...my arms and my boobs.Even my thighs! I have a niggly back(that has improved because of the weight loss) but i'd like to stay away from aggravating my back!

Is it possible to get the muscles back in shape and firm up? Or is surgery the only option? i have no money for that though .but i do have a gym contract. So i really hope u tell me exercise can help. And what exercises specifically?

Thanks,
Me

HI Lee

Well done so far! Your current problem is a difficult one to resolve. And it may sound weak to say, but if you continue along the path of losing weight THE RIGHT WAY, then you'll see progress.

I'm not sure how you've lost the weight so far, but moving ahead, the exercise is going to become increasingly important, because you will need to tone and define as you lose fat. It will help offset this problem, and so you need to be in the gym, doing regular exercise - not sure if you are specifically doing that yet?

But anyway, you have this gym contract, there's no time like the present to put it to use, I guess!

My advice in terms of exercise is to first identify a cardio activity that you will enjoy and do regularly. It doesn't help to start, stick with it for one month and then stop - we're talking four months plus here. So you need enjoyment as the top priority. Cardio, incidentally, includes running, walking, cycling, swimming, aerobics, spinning etc.

Then with a focus on cardio, you add in all the other activities, like weight training for those specific muscle groups.

The best thing to do is probably to check out the "Fitness page of this site, click on "Programmes" and then choose one depending on your preferences. Just a quick tip or two - don't get too hung up about which type of cardio is the best - running or cycling or swimming or rowing or spinning etc.? It doesn't matter for now - all that counts is that you do it, and do it regularly. This also means that you can swop within the programme. So let's say for example that you choose the Running programme, don't be scared to throw in a day of swimming or cycling, and so on. Just as long as you get it in.

On the note of weight training, the programmes will help a little, they have weight training there as well. I'd stick with this for now and as you get stronger and fitter, look to expand. For that, the trainers int he gym are the best to assist you.

1
Posted by: Claire | 2008/04/28

Hi There

I have lost so far 30kg in a year, I have the same problem with hanging boobs.
I have done most exercise's like running on the tredmill stepping on the stepper and using dunbells but it just don't seem to work.
The rest of my body is firm, looks good and feels good it is just my boobs that I can't get firm. Am I doing something wrong or aren't their a ecercise that works for that matter.

Reply to Claire