Posted by: Leila | 2010/11/25

Sagging skin

Hi dr., Please could you advise me on the best treatment for sagging, crepey abdominal skin. Thanks, Leila

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Leila, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay but I have been in London attending to my clinic.

There are a number of options to treat lax abdominal skin and the treatment approach is dependent on the severity of this laxity, age of skin, condition of the skin, and the degree or extent of underlying fat. Possible treatments include non surgical and surgical approaches:
Non Surgical: fractional skin resurfacing (Matrix RF, Fraxel, Ultrapulse, Starlux, etc.), body needling, chemical peels, and topicals.
Surgical: abdominoplasty (‘tummy tuck – full & mini), laser lipolysis, VASER.
Combinations of the above

Your best advice would be to consult an aesthetic medical practitioner, cosmetic dermatologist or a plastic surgeon who can examine the area and advise you on the best treatment option/s.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.