Question
Posted by: Nonny | 2008/02/04

SAD ALL THE TIME

HI Cybershrink,

I have been dating this man for six years now and since last year we have been fighting quiet a lot and mostly because i have been suspecting that he is having an affair, what made it seem so right was that i saw that this lady was sending him sms's(they were friendly Sms) and they were speaking on a daily basis. I confronted him about her and he said that they were just friends and that he would never cheat on me.

Now my problem now is that i can't stop thinking about them together and it has come to a point where i have tought of following him around and checking his phone when he is sleeping. I have this feeling of wanting to own him and make him to just think of me.

I feel like i'm be going out of my mind and afraid that one day i'll do or say something that''ll jurt our relationship. I have thought of going for counselling but can't open up to anyone at the moment , the thing is i don't want to be judged because of my insecurities.

Please help, i don't want to lose my mind over this guy

Maybe they are just friends, but yours seems to have been a very long relationship to have remained static, without going further towards marriage or a mutually agreed permanence. Seeing a personal counsellor to work on the excessive jealousy ( which itself significantly threatens your relationship ) and considering relationship counselling, might be a good idea. If you see a proper professional counsellor, you won't be judged --- our work is about understanding and helping, not about judging

2
Posted by: sipho | 2008/02/18

give him a taste of his own medicine.. get urse

Reply to sipho
Posted by: Maria | 2008/02/04

Go for counselling. The counsellor will not judge you, that is not their job. What will be worst, speaking to someone or losing your mind over suspicions?

That said, recently there have been so many posts about cheating on this forum that it is beginning to sound like the norm. Make sure you protect yourself against AIDS and other STD's if you think there is a possibility that he might be cheating.

Reply to Maria