Posted by: nicky | 2008/09/19

Im not sure what my problem is, but now that im in my 40s i dont trust women, im married but very lonely, hubby and i argue alot and when i was young i was used all the time cause i was a popular girl, attractive,charming, always got guys together for parties, no one was for real and now i find it hard for anyone to get close to me as women have tried it off with my guys as well even tho it didnt transpire. my trust in women is finished, and i am so lonely, and need sometimes to talk to a woman but am afraid perhaps shed be after my man too.. how do i resolve this problem dear cybershrink, the sweet man i know...

no woman has ever sort of tried to be my friend, i blieve if u wana have a frien, be a friend, and since childhood ive done that and jus got used and abused but longing for women friendship without being weary of the person, i was very naive then, not anynore, i get on beta with guys as women are too competitive even in the working environment. I find even the most stunning women threatened by me as i keep to myself and they try always to work me out of my job and am tired of it as mos of the guys come talk to me, i dont go to them....

i have now crohns disease together with interstitial cystitis from stress i guess and have moved from SA to UK which I hate, miserable weather etc.

how do i also strategise myself at work as women feeling threatened by me will gang up and try work me out of my job, im so sick of that too trying to sustain a job after so many years, its so stressful, i try to be as nice as possible and polite but at end of day not everyone gona like u in life, right? my marriage is on the rocks too and the last thing i wana do is come back to the violent SA whre i was almost raped by five black men.

Please held when u got time..

thanks doc...

Hi nicky,
Sounds like a case for CBT, the wonder psycholoical detergent, great for removing stubborn stains left over from prior bad experiences, so one can more realistically assess and deal with situations arising in life. It could also help you to gain skills of strategising, how to avoid being so threatening to other women, and handle office politics, etc.