Posted by: ros | 2008/06/23


Hi, i think i have social anxiety disorder, who can i go to for help?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

You'd want to have your self-diagnosis checked and confirmed by a proper expert assessment, and can then plan treatment b ased on the results of that. If you cvan, see a good local psychologist or pychiatrist, or, if the situation isn't very complicated, a GP. Medication is often useful ( often best with SSRI antidepressant meds rather than tranquillizers ) and aldo cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) is very effective

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anon | 2008/06/23

Ros call the Depression & Anxiety Group helpline tel no above. They will be able to refer you to a psychiatrist and/or psychologist who can help you. They have a list of them, you can also google them, navigate your way around their website, depending where you are in the country you will find someone near you who can help you. They also give their specialities.

Reply to anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.