Question
Posted by: d | 2004/12/21

Sad

I am finding it so hard to get over my ex. I feel so sad and lonely. I should have been flying down to CT on Monday to be with him, but now everything is over.... Sometimes, I feel that life is not worth it. You love and then get hurt! To all those people who have been hurt, how did you get over it?

d, if it doesn't hurt to end it, then it probably wasn't love in the first place. But we do get over it. There's no simple recipe for doing that, except that the key ingredient is time. Life WILL be worth it, even if not with him. You don't need him, for life to be worth it.

3
Posted by: Tash | 2004/12/22

Hi Sad

I am feeling the same and its two years already. I guess time will help.. how much... I have no idea. Hopefully we will get there and as the doc says we dont need them for our lives to be worth it. Be strong.

Hi Guy
sometimes its not so easy hanging around with friends. sometimes u need to hangout with someone that has been thru this type of experience coz some of them, altho friends have no idea about the pain and cannot understand it.

Reply to Tash
Posted by: Guy | 2004/12/21

Hi Sad, so sorry to hear about your breakup and at this time of year it can't be easy.

Unfortunatly, we have to go through this in life but I also believe that it makes us stronger at the end of the day. It's not easy I know, I hurt for months after I broke up with my girlfriend and she was my first love, to tell the truth I'm still not over her and this was over a year ago.

All I can advise is, surround yourself with good friends, whenever you're feeling down in the dumps, give them a call and talk, maybe go out and try and have a good time, get your mind off everything. Key here is not to be alone right now. Good luck.

Reply to Guy
Posted by: sweetcakes | 2004/12/21

you try and move on... keep yourself busy... go out with friends or go out and meet new people!

have you read what ice posted...

'In order to be free, we must learn how to let go.
Release the hurt. Release the fear.
Refuse to entertain your old pain.
The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you
back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?"
--Mary Morrissey

to me it's almost like practice makes perfect... you go through life hurting and getting hurt until you find the right guy... if your ex is the right guy... he'll come crawling back...IF you don't do the crawling... don't worry you'll eventually get over him, like i said, go out and meet new people!!!

i hope this all makes sense to you!
good luck!!!

Reply to sweetcakes