Question
Posted by: 8Ball | 2004/01/21

Sad

I feel so lonely and out of touch, it feels as if nobody can or wants to understand me.Things come to me automatically, but I cannot explain how I figured it out.I am afraid of dying but feel like I could easily take my own life.Mostly because tomorrow holds so much promise , but I feel that I am to weak and ill equipt within myself to make the most of everything and be proud of my achievements and myself and the end of the day. I am a waste of talent, there is so much that I wish I could take the chance on , but a fear grips me from deep down inside. Is it possible that someone will never learn to take the chances given, explain themselves so that somebody else can actually understand.Is my mental intelligence so low that I cannot describe my frustration as it is and not in words that other people use.
I give all I can but it never seems to be enough for myself let alone anyone else.
Its probably a good idea to get out now well I haven't lost too much

Dear 8Ball,
From what you say it's obvious that you are a highly intelligent ( but not yet wise ) and talented person capable of achiving really useful tings, but currently adrift without a good map or guidance system, setting yourself standards that are way too high, and apparently discounting anything you DO achieve as not worth anything. You need and deserve to see a good shrink to work on clarifying your goals in life, and planning how you will achieve them. "Get out now (while) I haven't lost too much" ? Suicide is the one guaranteed way to lose far too much, to lose it all, and for nothing whatsoever. Don't go that route.

2
Posted by: Rusty | 2004/01/22

8ball life is sometimes hard and do not deliver to us what we ask of it but the promise of a beter tomorrow is always there. I have found that at times like these friends and family are there weight in gold worth .So hang on and bee strong !!!!!!!!!!!!! Things can only go up from here .

Reply to Rusty
Posted by: Miss tell it like it is... | 2004/01/21

Hey 8ball-don't be an asshole! You sure sound intelligent-the wording you used in this letter shows just that! Of course you can't find the EXACT words to describe yourself-you can't when you are frustrated & confused!! You have set your expectations WAY to high for yourself "I give all I can but it never seems to be enough for myself let alone anyone else" So what the hell does that mean? That you Have to be perfect & the rest of us can just walk around aimlessly? Isn't that a little condasending? (But Hell, No wonder you're so damn tired-its hard when you have to be prefect ALL THE TIME. Bru, who died & made you God?!) Why is it so important that you be perfect?!? Why are you afraid of trying exactly? Are you afraid of not doing good enough? Afraid you'll make the wrong decision & everything will colapse down around you? Believe me, you will regret the things you never did more than the things you did do!
Do not go quietly into the night my friend, we are all here for a reason, we are all in the same boat. There are millions of people out there who are so much worse off than you & some who are going through the exact same thing-I was one of them. Plz forgive me if I sounded harsh in what I have written, but sometimes you need a wake up call-something to shock you out of that destructive mindset. You need to claim your pain before you can heal it & the only way to do that is to be totally honest with yourself. Thats how I did it. Cumon, not EVERYTHING is a trainsmash! You don't have to be perfect-you just have to be you.

Reply to Miss tell it like it is...