Question
Posted by: JDAYA | 2008/01/29

sack in womb

my husband an i have been trying to conceive for the last two years and i was given fertomed last year for two months. i went to my general GP and he did a sonar on my womb and saw that there was a tiny little sack in my womb. at first he tought I was pregnant, but when he did a pregnancy test it was negative. i was given antibiotics. i am worried that i might never be able to fall pregnant. is this normal that a sack would develop itself in your womb

Dear Jdaya

In many cases where there is bilateral (that means both sides) tubal blockage, as well as some degree of cervical resistance, fluid will accumulate in the endometrial cavity. This is more likely to occur when there is an attempt at ovarian stimulation as in this case where fertimed is being used. It is also seen in cases where invitro fertlization is being attempted using injectable ovarian stimulation agents. The main problem is an excessive secretion of fluid from the lining of the womb which accumulates in the cavity and appears as a sac in the uterus. This is not a true sac of pregnancy but a pseudosac.

4
Posted by: ally | 2008/05/17

i had a tubel lacation 13 years ago,ii am 39 years old and been dating a guy now for 2 years and we spoke of having a reversal done as far as i know my tubes were only tied please could you advise me if it's possible to have this done and what is my chances of having a nother child.

Reply to ally
Posted by: Kym | 2008/02/05

It sounds like a blighted ovum. Where fertilisation happens the sack develops but for some reason the foetus does not. I would recommend you go and see you gynae as you may require a DnC. If it is a blighted ovum then the good news is you can conceive, many women have healthy happy pregnancies after a blighted ovum.

Reply to Kym
Posted by: JDAYA | 2008/02/01

normal, i never skipped once.

Reply to JDAYA
Posted by: trysie | 2008/02/01

hi there, i am not a expert but think that you were pregnant and the baby did not grow, that is the only way you would end up with a sac.my advise is to go and see a gyne as soon as you can this can be the reason you dont fall pregnant.
i am just wondering how is your cycle ?

Reply to trysie