Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/01/18

sabotage

Hi dietdoc

Well so my excercise is on the ball now its just the eating that is still a bit of a problem i can follow a healthy eating plan but then combined with my training - I train 2 days on 1 day off, the days when I dont train I usually feel like going out having something not so healthy and having a -|- tail or some nice drink. Its like my body crave that "break". I swim sunday, monday and take tuesday off and Wednesday, Thursday and take Friday off and then on Saturday I go for a yoga class. I only have 1.5kg to lose to reach my goal weight and my body fat is ok. I wanted to know what is your views on having a OFF day, cause I could be diciplined the whole week if I knew that on the weekend I can relax a bit and have what I really want to have. I always try to cut on my portions and also to cut out some of the the unhealthy things like cheese. I am confused to what to do. Enjoy my eating out once in awhile or just keep it healthy .....We go out about twice in a week.

Dear Kasandra
There is no harm if you take a day off from your strict dieting and exercise. Just be careful that you don't extend the one day into two days and then into three days. But if you only need to lose 1,5 kg then you also do not have to be too strict with yourself, otherwise you will start wanting to sabotage yourself.
Do everything in moderation!

1
Posted by: manju | 2008/04/01

hello i have a question i wasnt able to workout for like 7 days due to exams. usually i work out everyday for a hour and a half but duing this week i tend to get carried away with food will i gain weight?

Reply to manju