Question
Posted by: Le Rox | 2007/03/29

SA vs Dubai

Zaddumb tx for advise on SA vs Dubai, much appreciated.
I also understand that homework has to be done first and am looking into the matter. Just finding it hard to do it over the internet, as I thought my first step would be to find a good job, then the rest will follow...............and it is taking its time. Have only had one phone call from Dubai and they ended up employing a man due to job specs changing. So I will try and look on the positive side and just keep on applying and something has to come my way. The scary thing is one never knows if it is the right thing to do until you are there doing it, life lesson I suppose.

,,,,,

1
Posted by: Britty | 2007/03/29

It took my husband just over 3 years to get a job in the Middle East. In that period there were two calls that didn't pan out. However my husband knew a lot of people who had moved out to the Middle East and he contacted one of them when he made the first application which didn't pan out - this guy kept his CV, told my husband to be patient and then when a job came up he submitted my husband's CV which my husband got. A lot of people here get jobs here because they network ie they contact people they know and it can be a step inside the door. I am not trying to put you off but it can be difficult to get a job here. However the more qualifications you have the better your chances.

Now we are here people in South Africa are contacting us asking if they can give us their CV's. Hope this helpe yous in some way and good luck.

Reply to Britty