Question
Posted by: Julie | 2006/07/27

SA PT registration

Dear collegue,
I am a foreign physiotherapist (went to school in Holland). I have recieved recognition from SAQA, but would also like to become a registered physio. I am not presently working as a physio, but would like to do physio work (legally if possible).
I read the website, which noted that 2 years of community service is required...does this include internship time? Does the community service have to be in SA? Is this the only way to register? Is there any other info you can offer about registration? Any info would be appreciated.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Julie

Contact the Health Professionals Council of Southy Africa - they set the standards and the rules so will be inthe best position to help you.

Douglas