Posted by: Julie | 2006/07/27

SA PT registration

Dear collegue,
I am a foreign physiotherapist (went to school in Holland). I have recieved recognition from SAQA, but would also like to become a registered physio. I am not presently working as a physio, but would like to do physio work (legally if possible).
I read the website, which noted that 2 years of community service is required...does this include internship time? Does the community service have to be in SA? Is this the only way to register? Is there any other info you can offer about registration? Any info would be appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Hi Julie

Contact the Health Professionals Council of Southy Africa - they set the standards and the rules so will be inthe best position to help you.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.