Question
Posted by: CaT | 2007/07/25

SA mental health

CS, i have been reading through all the articles under health24's mind section about mental health.... the last one i read was "Disaster for SA mental health"...
Since the last time i asked you a question, i have been trying to convince myself to go to a psychiatrist... social anxiety disorder, depression... its been about a year i think... anyways.... i finally convinced myself to go with the help of my current boyfriend...
but the more i look for help the more hopeless it seems... if those articles are true... i might as well just kill myself now and save myself and everyone the effort and costs....
its a vicious cycle that i simply do not have the strength for... i need more money to be able to get help and get better so i Can in fact make more money, but i cant make more money because i cant get the help i need to get better to be able to make more money so that i Can in fact get better....
all the little things that most people take for granted seem hopeless to me... i cant even go buy bread anymore because the thought of going to the shop terrifies me... i cant drive anymore because "there are other cars on the road" how -|- in pathetic is that? i feel like cutting everyone's eyes out just so no one will notice me...
im really really tired, i just cant do it anymore, especially not, because no one has even the slightest idea what i mean, they dont understand, because they're all "normal"... they dont see the world like i do, to them people are people, to me.... people are Monsters...
i really dont know what to do anymore... the only reason i have not killed myself within the past 24 hours, is because, i dont want to dissapoint my boyfriend and have people asking him questions, and even that doesnt make any sense because I am the one with issues regarding people pying... not him....
what should i do CS......
obviously i dont want to die, because im still here typing to you... but i dont see anymore reasons to live... everywhere you look there is disaster and hate, and rape, and murder, child abuse animal abuse forests burning down due to the corporate world.. i dont want to be part of this world, this world where money is the only important thing... what ever happened to love?..... it all seems so hopeless...
what should i do CS?....

I can't recall the specific article you're referring to, but it presumably commented on some specific problems and things that need to be improved --- but don't assume that any article automatically refers to what would happen to you any time you sought treatment. Social Anxiety Disorder happens to respond really well, ideally to a combinaton of medication and CBT counselling.
And don't forget, other people only appear normal, they all have their own specific varieties of problem. Just as you almost cerainly appear entirely normal to other people, who will be dramatically uninterested in you, while you feel as though you are the object of their attention.
Yes, this is indeed a world in which some very nasty things happen --- but at the same time it is one in which some great and wonderful things happen, too. Get yourself well with the right expert help, and you can become one of those who work towards increasing the proportion of wonderful to nasty stuff happening.

1
Posted by: CaT | 2007/07/25

Thanx CS...
but mostly regarding treatment is what you told me last time... and strangely enough, i know all these things... i know that i am not always the object of people's attention and i know that they too have their own problems... thats part of reason why they scare me...
but hte problem is... i cannot afford treatment... i sought to maybe do it through medical aid... but aparently they are part of the greedy sinned population...
So basically, i would have to either accept my fate as it is and become completely agoraphobic aswell thus completely ruining my life....
or kill myself and cause others pain and despair... hmmm tough choice doc...

Reply to CaT