Question
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/11/29

Runny Tummy - 37 weeks pregnant

I've been having a runny tummy all day, is it just something wrong that I ate or could it be something else?

Anyone else experienced this at 37weeks

Most likely something you ate. If it does not settle, see your doctor.

6
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/09/12

I'm 36wks now having a running tummy for 2day not feel sick or having pains is this ok and what can this mean

Posted by: Kate | 2004/11/29

You should see a doctor a.s.a.p. Be aware of your baby's movements and any change in movement must be reported to your doctor.

If your doctor is not concerned but you are, then go to your maternity ward and ask them to check the baby's heartbeat. There is no harm in being overcausious.

Wjhat the other ladies have said abotu my baby is true. At 36 weeks, I got a tummy bug, runny tummy and bad cramps from top to bottom. My doctor brushed me off and said I had a tummy bug. My baby died that week. So don't be too worried, what happened to me will most likely NOT happen to you but don't leave anything for chance. Just be sure you are okay. And to the other ladies, tummy bugs do happen, an ongoing runny tummy for two weeks needs to be seen to. And PG Lady, at 24 weeks the movements can differ, but please let us know tomorrow how your scan went. I am sure your baby is okay.

Take care all of you.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: andy | 2004/11/29

i'm 16wks and have had a runny tummy for at least 2wks and have not consulted a doc. i have just self medicated myself with these medicines made for diarhoea.. i seem to be well now and it is not as bad as before. i could not keep anything inside my tummy and was actually weak in the knees.
if you think about it at this stage one loses alot of water and leads to dehydration. i've only been awakened i thought nothing to it until now

i aslo think there is a bug going on.
but i'm definately going to the doctor now to have it checked

Reply to andy
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/29

Jong, in die Kaap is daar 'n maagvirus, maar ek het gelees dat voordat mens in Kraam ingaan begin jou maag ook te werk.

Jy het nie dalk krampe en 'n "show" nie? Jy moet dit dophou en liewer jou dokter bel. Jy is 37 weke so jy kan al in kraam gaan.

Bel liewer jou dokter en vind uit.

Reply to Francis
Posted by: Pokkel | 2004/11/29

Go to your doc immediately. It is extremely important that you see the doc ASAP, the baby can get contaminated fluids through the placenta due to your stomach bug, and if the baby's life is in danger, they can deliver you baby now....
Dont hesitate , another lady on this site - Kate - had a similar situation, and her baby did not survive.

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: PG Lady | 2004/11/29

I am 24 weeks and having the most dreadful tummy cramps for the last 2 weeks on and off. Having read Kate's story about a virus being the possible cause for her stillborn i am so scared of the same happening to me (after 2 previous miscarriages Im paranoid about everything lately). I cant keep anything solid in so im taking nutrament t shakes to ensure baby gets the right nutrients. But he has been so quiet since yesterday and I dont like it at all. my hubby thinks i want an energiser bunny instead of a baby who spends a good 20 hours of the day asleep but i just want the reassurance of some movement. Going for my 24 week scan tomorrow so hoping all will be okay. I think there is a bug in the air though as I am hearing a lot of people complaining of cramping/runny tummys.

Reply to PG Lady