Question
Posted by: Scared to Death | 2003/12/04

Runny nose,sore throat and low neutrophill count.

I had protected sex with a prostitute.
Ater the episode, I experienced flue like symptoms.
I went for Pcr Dna testing @ weeks 2,4 &6; Elisa up to week 16 and all was negative.
I also went for an std profile and the tests was negative.
In addition, I also went for Hep A,B and C testing; Negative.

My concern is that after several CBC's, the absolute values of my neutrophils ranges from 1.3 to 1.9 and the lower range of the normal is 2.

How do I find out what exactly is responsible for the low neutrophil and high lymphosite count?

I suspect that my wife also have "Neutrophilia" because we have the same symtoms that does not go away that is:
continual sore throat, runny nose, fatigue and redness of the skin.
The symptoms does not subside; even after extensive medication.

My doctors can not give me answers; both said I must see a haemathologist; where do I find a good one?

Is it possible that my wife and I are re-infecting each other each time we have unprotected sex?

Please answer as soon as possible.

Thanx
Scared to death.

Expert ImageArchive

I would suggest that you start by seeing a physician if your GP cannot help you any further. You need to have a full clinical evaluation and based on that further tests can be done. I don't think it is necessary to see a haematologist at this stage. I really do not have enough info to comment on your neutrophil and lymphosite counts. One has to look at the whole picture as well as the examination of the blood smear.