Question
Posted by: Tsholo | 2008/06/09

Running Stomach in the AM

Hi All

My Fiance has a problem of running stomach in the early hours of the morning. Around 4 and 5 AM he is at the Loo. No matter what he has eaten, I have watched what he puts in and even gave him Fresh veggies but still the same. What could be the problem and how should I assist. He does not have a Medical. I clearly think this is wrong for a grown man of 32 to have such a stomach

Dear Tsholo
He may have a chronic infection, he should go to the provincial hospital, and take with a sample of the stool. The best way to do this is to use a plastic potty, and with a plastic teaspoon put one teaspoon of stool in a small clean empty plastic pill container or bottle, put this in a Checkers or Pick and Pay plastic bag and put in the fridge until he can take it to the doctor - preferably the same day. They send this to the lab where they look under the microscope to see if there is infection. Some parasites cause chronic diarrhoea. I know this sounds gross but is the surest way for them to exclude this infection.