Question
Posted by: frustrated | 2005/06/07

running after a man...?!

I was up until 12h00 last night reading the book : "He is just not that into you". Well, I have this date tonight. We have been out for 3 dates already. I think he has only called me once since I have known him, the rest of the time, it is either sms or e-mail (what is it with this???). I proposed to go out tonight (wrong move) and the venue. But we didnt come up with a time. I just feel (after reading the book) that if he doesnt confirm with me sooner rather than later, I am going to stand him up. I am just so frustrated with men and I am starting to turn bitter, which I dont want to do. Please advise. Thanks.

So he's not that into you. Are you sure you're that into him ?

4
Posted by: CJ | 2005/06/07

That book has been an eye opener to so many woman!

I bet the author can't stop thanking Oprah for featuirng him on her show!

Reply to CJ
Posted by: Hurt | 2005/06/07

Frustrated, I think you should leave it to him to make the follow up move.

This made me think of my own situation. I've been divorced for 9 years, consider myself very well-groomed and attractive, good job, financially well-off, never a shortage of interested guys etc. But twice I was engaged, and these men just lost interest and we broke up.

A very dear friend of mine (male) whose wife passed away a couple of years ago joined a dating club. This guy is in his 60's, salt of the earth and although I love him dearly, he really is an ugly guy. He tells me that young women (in their 30's/40's), meet him and on the first date are prepared to go to bed with him - he was the one saying "hold on a moment". He says that they ooze desperation.

This brings me to my question. Why has things changed that women became hunters and men the hunted? Men find the challenge of the hunting game so appealing because it's the way they're wired. Us women shouldn't be hunting, because it makes us feel "desperate" and it's not the way it's meant to be.

All of this made me think carefully about myself, maybe in some subtle way, I also have that "desperate" smell/look about me. Would like to read that book too, who is the author?

Reply to Hurt
Posted by: timesaver | 2005/06/07

no man is ever good enough for you to be bitter about, if they cant see your worth, its their loss

Reply to timesaver
Posted by: Lilly | 2005/06/07

I understand exactly what you are going through. I am in the same boat. These days it seems like women are running after men instead of the other way round. I was involved with a guy for almost a year. Two weeks ago we had a disagreement and maybe I said things I should not have said. I have been running after him for the past two weeks begging him not to leave me. He is just not budging. Tell you what we need to catch a wake up and move on, they are just not worth it!

Reply to Lilly