Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/28


My man was ' n goeie lang afstand atleet wat ' n hele paar Comrades en ander marathonne gehardloop het. Hy het egter ' n ' ekstra'  rugwerwel en moes nou nadat hy etlike kere erge lae rug pyne gehad het, ophou hardloop op advies van sy dr. Wat ons egter pla is dat hy van tyd tot tyd steek pyne vanuit sy reg tot in sy testikels kry - kan dit van die rugprobleem wees? Dit is wat sy dr gesê  het - hy kry ook pyne in die lies wat dan skuif na die skrotum gedeelte. Het u dalk enige raad / advies?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Hi there

Yes, pain into the testicles can be referred from the lower back.

If the pain is intermittant and variable then it's unlikely that he would need to consult with a neurosurgeon. I would suggest that he consult with a chiropractor, specialists in managing spinal problems similar to what you are discribing. If the problem is of long standing he must be patient as it may take quite a few visits, however if there is no change after 5 visits the chiropractor should reconsider his / her diagnosis.



The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.