Question
Posted by: Tami | 2007/04/13

Round x - now for Ai

We've been TTC for about 4 years now - went on fertility treatment in 2005 - to no avail. Decided to take a break - to see if it would happen naturally.... this has not happened.

We will be going back next week - this time we start with AI. Can someone share their experiences - please? I'm a bit worried. I know it might not happen first time round - but if there is a small chance I would like to know... And what about multiples? I must admit I'm not daunted by the fact that it could result in multiples - quite excited? Does the procedure take long?

Tami
PS THis forum has helped me through some pretty rough & dark time... knowing I was not alone. THANK YOU LADIES

God Bless and best wishes to those TTC

Dear Tami

It is important to appreciate that there are different protocol options for even IUI’s(AI’s). Depending on the type of protocol one would use the success rate would alter accordingly. In natural cycles IUI's the success rates are generally much lower but improves progressively as different stimulation protocols are used to increase the number of follicles/eggs. Also it is important that both fallopian tubes are patent and also that ovulation monitoring be supervised for optimal success. It would be advisable to discuss fully or the options with your fertility specialist and also the cost attached to the different protocols.