Question
Posted by: Tee | 2006/11/10

Round Shoulders

I have suffered with round shoulders since my child hood. I am now 34 years old. I have to really concentrate hard on keeping my shoulders back as I am very selfconsious about my slouching shoulders. What would be the best way of rectifying them. I have never discussed or seen anyone about this. It's only now that a Joga Instructor mentioned it and I was very embarrassed that I'd possibly like to take it further.

Thanks!

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Yoga is an excellent form of exercise. In addition you should concentrate on improving your posture - self discipline is important. This may take some time as you have grown up with this problem. Part of your posture could be congenital - which means that improvement, although possible - may be limited. Remain positive in your thinking and if you're determined to improve - your prognosis is good....