Question
Posted by: Priscilla | 2005/12/07

Rough and cracked heels

I have got rough and cracked heels. I do a lot of walking barefoot at home. Can that be the cause. Also I use a pumice stone to keep my heels smooth. Is there anything else I can use to keep them looking smooth as the pumice stone does not always help. I also have a lot of rough loose skin. What can I use to get rid of them.

Thanking you
Priscilla

Expert ImageArchive

barefoot walking is most definately a cause, and there may be others. the pumice stone doesnt really remove layers of skin it just polishes the outside so it feels better. You would be better off seeing a podiatrist to get your feet treated, as well as to get some advice on home treatment
,to get referred to a podiatrist please call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249