Question
Posted by: vicky | 2006/07/25

rotten potato smell

I have this terrible smell - smells like something died in there or something. I cant identify whether it comes from my vagina or my urine but everytime I go to the toilet there is this rotten potato smell.

I dont have any discharge or itching or anything like that, just the smell. I am not on antibiotics or any medication, i dont know why I stink.

What could be causing the smell? I am too embarassed to go to the doctor, please help.

I can't tell over the internet what the cause is, if you are not sure where the smell is coming from. My advice would be to see a doctor. They are used to this.

2
Posted by: Helper | 2006/07/25

No please dont be embarrassed. Go to your dr and explain that you have this bad odour and you would like to be checked for infection or thrush to put your mind at ease.
These dr's see all sorts of things every day and are not going to laugh at you or think anything bad of you. they have probably had thrush too at some stage. It is very common and not caused by being "dirty".

Reply to Helper
Posted by: Sunshine | 2006/07/25

From personal exp it sounds like you have trush, nothing to be ashamed about we all go through it once in a while
You have just picked up a something.
You can get a cream or a pill for it just go to your pharmacy and tell them...

Hope everything works out

Reply to Sunshine