Question
Posted by: Jill | 2003/01/28

Root canal treatment

There is no dentist doc but maybe you can help. I have had root canal three times on different teeth , let me add that I am not too fond of the Dentist and have had no luck in finding one that I have been happy with . The last root canal treatment I had the Dentist told me that the reason it happens is , when a Dentist fills a whole with white fillings or if you have a heavy knock on your tooth. I am starting to feel the same kind of pain on one of my other teath and am starting to wonder is there something wrong with my teath or am I doing something wrong that I have had so many root canals and may be in for another one. Could you please tell me why the nerve or root starts to die. Thank you.

Jill, the nerve usually is damaged by the chronic infection in the tooth or whilst the dentist is cleaning out the debris in the tooth. Why you get problems so often is a mystery to me and I won’t be able to say much without being able to examine you first. The best would be to find a dentist you can trust. Good luck.