Question
Posted by: Dog lover | 2007/12/03

Room 204.. very long

Got home 4pm on friday and find my dog 's whole body shivering with labour pains.my daughter kept her indoors with a blanket to keep her warm,not a clue what was the problem.
i immediately take her to the bathroom keep her warm and massage her whole body that made her to sttle a bit.i waited until 8pm that was when her first girl arrive after five minutes the second made her entrance.i thought the far she will go would be four puppies so i was waiting patiently sitting on the chair tired,and feeling sleepy.my daughter (16yrs) joined me at about 9.20 the third one came out followed by the fourth hungry puppy.somehow i was conviced he was the last one since he started sucking on the mother even before getting cleaned properly. i thought to myself now that is it we are done girl !! not knowing what was still to come.during the process i was given her water which she drank like there was no tommorow.after the fourth she went out to pee came back only to find me enjoying my nap.my daughter could wait much longer she left and went to sleep. i decided to wait a litle bit at about 11 pm the fifth puppy showed up,suprised i decided to wait in the next room facing the bathroom.somehow i feel asleep without even noticing that was when i felt a scratch on my hand ,it was her standing next to my bed calling me to the bathroom.i followed her there was six puppies lying on the blanket.she looked at me as to figure out how i was feeling about all these.i sat on the chair again and she went out to pee and came holding waht looked like a ballon with her mouth i tried to stop her from eating it thought when i notice the reflection of a little white puppy inside.she quickly opened the wwhat looked like a balloon thing.i couldn't watch i went out when i came back the pupppy was there full of life and joining the rest to feed on the mother 's milk.i couldnt believe the puppy she dropped out while trying to pee was alive.that was the 8th on.the i decided i was not going to sleep anymore,i will have to follow her when she o out this time around. it was after 12pm when lthe 9th puppy finally arrrive.she looked tired.had to give water rapidly to her and small massage.even today we still share the room facing the bathroom.i sleep on the single bed while she sleep on the floor with her 9 puppies.at nght i woke up to check if everything is ok.i don't remember falling asleep and will continue doing so until the rest of this week then i will go back to my room.

Good grief ! Admirable on the part of mom-dog, you and daughter. The nine infants must be quite a handful to deal with

5
Posted by: Carol | 2007/12/03

That story brought back a lot of memories when as a child my dad used to sleep in the garage with his Dobie bitch to make sure everything was fine for her and her babies ..... and the way he jazzed up the garage for a nursery was too much :)

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/12/03

Shame man! Hope Mommy dog is handling all the pups, 9 pups could get very tiring.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: J | 2007/12/03

Aaaaaaah, I can just imagine the cute little puppies!! Congrats to you and mommy-dog!!

Reply to J
Posted by: Dog lover | 2007/12/03

Thanks Xx, CS that is a handful indeed but a great a ddition to my family.

Reply to Dog lover
Posted by: xx | 2007/12/03

That is the best story I have read here in ages. Thanks for sharing!

Reply to xx