Question
Posted by: sandra | 2007/12/01

rooi gelaatskleur

Goeiemore dokter! My vel se gelaatskleur is baie rooi. Ek is 23 jaar oud en gebruik tans neostrata gesigwas en brigthening cream. Dit is nie so erg dat dit rosacea is nie, maar sal graag iets wl gebruik wat my vel kleur minder rooi en meer wit en egalig kan maak. is daar iets wat u kan voorstel?
Baie danie

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Sandra, thank you for the question.

From your description, the symptoms you are describing, are in keeping with early Rosacea. Your best approach would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the area that concerns you and from the diagnosis can decide the appropriate treatment.

Even if you suspect that the redness could be the beginning of Rosacea, one should treat as early as possible to help prevent further progression. If left undiagnosed and treatment is not started, the disease will progress and there will an increased difficulty to keep the Rosacea under control.

You have various options to treat the ‘redness’:
Topical antibiotics
Oral antibiotics
Glycolic acid peels (often used in conjunction with topical treatments)
IPL or Laser
Tretinoin or Vitamin A (topical)