Question
Posted by: Flabby | 2007/08/06

Rolletjie na histerektomie

Hallo Fitness Doc. Ek het 6 weke gelede 'n volledige abdominale histerektomie gehad en was vandag by my ginekoloog vir my 4 weke ondersoek. Hy was baie tevrede met my vordering en het my die groenlig gegee om matig te begin oefen. Ek het 'n redelike vetrolletjie onder my naeltjie waarvan ek baie graag so gou as moontlik ontslae wil raak. Sal dit enigsins help as ek ongeveer 30 - 40 minute/dag op my treadmill stap en die tempo aanpas na aanleiding van hoe ek voel? Ek beplan om ook voortaan 'n gebalanseerde laevet dieet te volg? Sal ek die nodige resultate hiermee bereik ... of is 'n tummy-tuck my voorland? Groete

Hi Flabby

Is the problem new,since the surgery, or is it a longer lasting one, even before? It's important because it might be a result of the surgery, in which case exercise will have limited effects, unfortunately. however, we'll be optimistic and assume it's something that can be combatted with regular exercise and diet!

One of the key things here is whether you exercised before your operation? If you did, then yes, absolutely, getting back into exercise will be great, and I hope that you will do so successfully. I would say that 30 to 40 minutes is a good target, but just remember, you've had surgery and a rest for the last 6 weeks, so 30 minutes might be very difficult to begin with.

But you can certainly aim to build up to this level, perhaps starting with 20 minutes a day, and then increasing this, week by week so that by end of September, you're on 40 minutes a day.

Also, remember that diet is key here, you need to eat very well, otherwise all the exercise in the world will do little for you. So I'd certainly suggest a dietary approach, if you can do this. Seeing a dietician is best, but sensible eating will be good regardless.