Question
Posted by: FROGGY | 2007/03/29

rocky waters

hi doc, wander if you can help me,

when me and my girlfriend fight or argue, i give my points on what has offeneded me or upset me and she tries to but finds its difficult to give her points as she feels she that they are not valid to me. which they are.how can i tell her what is upsettingme without her getting hurt by what i say,which is the truth and achieve the results needed; her understanding what she has done to upset me and an explanation for why and how that she will work on things from her side. we are both on anti-depressants(cipralex) due to anxiety from stress. just feel i cant communicate with her without her getting angry and heart sore.

pls help.

Consider seeing a relationship counsellor together ( eg through FAMSA ) to work on these issues. And in your discussions, try to make it clear that it's not an issue of who is right and who is wrong, but of how either of you can, at times, distress the other without meaning to do so, and exchanging information about this, so it can be more easily avoided. Counselling would be far more valuable than Cipralex or any other medicine

1
Posted by: Ness | 2007/03/29

Write her a letter

Reply to Ness