Question
Posted by: Aya | 2010/05/19

Rocky relationship

dear doc,

Yeasterday i withdrew from my relationship emotionally,well i mean i just didnt feel like talking or doing anything,i just felt like crawling into a dark hole and never coming back,i as just emotionally overwhelmed by everything that is happening in my life,im unemployed,in a rocky relationship with my boyfriend and family,im in debt,i cant afford life basically,i love my boyfriend but i couldnt share my feelings with him because he judges me and doesnt understand me,now i woke up feeling better but now my boyfriend is giving me the cold shoulder and refuses to say a word to me.how do i deal with this?and how can i help myself.plz help

So you are finding both events in your life, and problems in your current relationship, to be emotionally challenging. Relationship counselling could help, but would be had to manage until the financial aspects are sorted out. As regards the bf, I suspect a bit more patience would help - many men react really badly to feeling under pressure, especially in emotionally charged situations, and would prefer to ignore these and hope they will go away

1