Posted by: Bhavz | 2008/10/17

Rock Hard Erection

I would like to know what I can do to maintain a rock hard erection. I am 27 years old.

I also would like to know how I can maintain a longer erection. I usually can maintain an erection for only about 5 minutes during intercourse.

Help appreciated...

The best thing to do to keep your erection at it's best, is to stop worrying about it and just relax and enjoy whatever you are doing with it! As soon as you begin to 'watch' what's happening, maybe notice slight fluctuations (which are normal) then you are more likely in fact to loose your erection and begin to have problems.

The length of time that you can maintain an erection is usually dependent on when you ejaculate. If you are losing it after 5 minutes and haven't yet ejaculated, please post another message and I'll respond to that one. However, I will assume for now that you ejaculate during that time and therefore lose your erection a few minutes which case perhaps what you would need to do is to learn to delay your ejaculation. The best way to learn this would be through masturbation where you learn recognise your physical signs of excitement (e.g. heightening sensation, a sensation in your testicles, heart rate) and at which point you need to ease off before it's too late (i.e. when the 'twitching' begins, it's probably too late). One way to help with this would be to try scoring your excitement on a scale of 0-10, with 8 being the point at which there's no turning back. When you get to about 5 or 6/10 you need to start using delaying strategies. For example: slowing or changing the rhythm of the friction, trying to take some deep and slow breaths, and try tensing your pelvic floor muscles as if you are trying to stop the flow of urine. Once your arousal has reduced somewhat (e.g. to about 3 or 4/10), you can resume stimulation and repeat this process several times before allowing ejaculation to take place.

A trusted partner could be a great help by coaching you through this, asking where you are on the scale, and encouraging you to use the strategies suggested. You stimulate yourself for the first few practice rounds (i.e. over days or weeks) and then once you have had some success, perhaps your partner could stimulate you, but she must slow down as and when you says to do so. Once you've gained confidence like this, you could move onto trying this intravaginally. This is likely to be much more difficult because of the sensations (warmth, moist) of the vagina so you should maybe slow your arousal down earlier than 5 or 6/10 to begin with. The best position to learn this would be with your partner on top so that you can focus all of your attention on your sensations, but you must remember to direct your partner to slow, stop, or start again as you need.

It's really important that these are 'exercises' though, and not 'sexual acts' as normal, otherwise you will feel more pressure to perform and your partner may feel frustrated - neither of these will help you with this learning process.

Good luck and enjoy!

Posted by: ajay | 2008/11/01

hi iam 32 yers guy i am masturbation last 10 yers daily 4 times
now my pins is lose not getting full erection. all so my simen is less plese advise thanks

Reply to ajay
Posted by: Bhavz | 2008/10/17

Hi Doc,

I will definately try what you have suggested. The problem is I lose it even though I have not ejaculated.

I think its possibly due to needing stimulation. I will continue to try whatever you suggest, as I also end up feeling guilty and anxious to perform. Fortunately for me,my wife understands. However she has said a few times that its a problem which made me feel terrible...

What can i do to increase the blood flow to my penis? Also what can i do to increase my testosterone levels?

Thank you for the guidance though, as I have been trying to find a way to fix this problem for a month.

Reply to Bhavz