Question
Posted by: CINDI | 2008/01/05

ROACCUTANE AND PREGNANCY

HI THERE,

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I AM 4 WEEKS PREGNANT AND AM VERY SADDENED AS I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MY G.P. THAT I WILL HAVE TO TERMINATE MY BABY. I AM GOING TO THE GYANE IN TWO DAYS TO SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN. WILL THE ROACCUTANE HAVE A VERY LARGE EFFECT ON MY BABY. I MISSED TWO WEEKS OF IT AND THEN WENT ON FOR ABOUT A WEEK OR SO AND STOPPED FOR THE LAST WEEK WHERE I HAD SUSPISIONS THAT I WAS PREGNANT. I DID FORGET TO TAKE THE ROACCUTANE ON A FEW OCCASIONS AS WELL. I WAS TAKING 30 MG A DAY. I NEED ADVICE, I AM AN EMOTIONAL WRECK. I AM 20 YEARS OLD AND THIS WOULD BE MY FIRST CHILD. I WOULD HATE TO HAVE TO TERMINATE MY FIRST CHILD. IS THERE ANYTHING I COULD DO OR TAKE TO TRY PREVENT THIS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH,
CINDI

Dear Cindi

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Roaccutane is totally contra-indicated when use when pregnant, especially during the first trimester. You should have been put on contraception while using Roaccutane. Please advise your Gynae for further advice.

Kind regards