Question
Posted by: Will I become addicted | 2007/12/11

Rivotril

I take one tablet at night and half in the morning of Rivotril. If I dont take one at night I battle to sleep. Could I become addicted to this medication?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Yes, Clonazepam has a definite potential for dependance

1
Posted by: Zoe | 2007/12/15

Yes! Yes! Yes! Highly addictive! The more you take, the more you are going to need to put you to sleep and keep you asleep. I am not sure how long you have been using Rivotril as the length of time you have used it will directly affect how soon you can come off it and return to a normal sleep pattern.
As someone who innocently became hooked on Rivotril prescribed for sleep I highly recommend making the tiniest cut in your night time dose every two weeks or so only. DON'T suddenly stop as the withdrawals will be horrible and you will likely go back on Rivotril to stop those awful symptoms.
By making mini cuts over time, you will give the receptors in the brain time to heal (bounce back) and it should be easier to get off.
Good luck.

Reply to Zoe