Question
Posted by: Stanley | 2003/02/10

Ritalin for adults

Hi Cyberdoc
I believe ritalin is not prescribed to patients who are past puberty .. is that true? If so what's the reasoning behind that? And also what would an effective 'adult' substitute be for Ritalin?
Many thanks

Stanley, Ritalin® can be prescribed for adults, but it is more effective in children. Ritalin® seems to calm down children, but in adults it can act as a stimulant. Let me know if you have more questions (just post them as new questions or I won’t get them). Good luck.

1
Posted by: Robert | 2003/02/12

Good day CyberDoc
The question is ... what are the differences between Xanor and Zopax .. i think both contain Alprazolam or possibly are Alprazolam ?? Is one just a generic for the the other? Ive used both for anxiety but find Zopax (1 mg tablet) makes me incredibly tired .. whilst the Xanor (1mg tablet) dosage does indeed help but doesnt have the drowsy side-effect.
Many thanks for all your help in the past.

Reply to Robert