Posted by: Gill | 2008/10/22


I was on Ritalin in high school and in varsity, and have been working now for about 3 years without Ritalin. I am struggling to remember things, and I want to go back onto Ritalin. However I am not sure where to go for a prescription. Previous I went to an Educational psychiatrist t. Who would I contact, do I need to see a psychiatrist or a gp ? Also, what is the cost of Ritalin now? Previous my dad’ s medical aid paid for it, however now I an only on a hospital plan.
Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Gill
You can see a psychiatrist and ask if there are alternative cheaper options, or generic medication you can use.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Gill | 2008/10/22


Reply to Gill
Posted by: anon | 2008/10/22

You can ask your GP it will be much cheaper than psychiatrist and 20mg Long acting Ritalin is now about R 354 for 30 tabs. You would need a higher dose which may cost more

Reply to anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.