Question
Posted by: marci | 2007/12/13

ringworms

my 5 year old daughter is suffering from scalp ring worms since may this year and we have tried different fungal creams like clomaderm,canex t ,xeraspor, a-por and dermophytes creams but none of these worked i hope you will tell me exactly what is going to help my child, and the problem is this thhing has pread all over the head now please help me urgently , thank you

Expert ImagePharmacist

Marci, ask your pharmacist for Nizshampoo or one of its generics. This shampoo is the treatment of choice for ringworm on the scalp.

2
Posted by: care giver | 2008/05/13

THE CREAM 'CANESTEN',DO I need a prescription or I should just get from the chemist? Another thing I did go to the GP and he gave me this ointment 'MAXADERM', and gave him an injection and antibiotics,but the ring worm is still there and its itchy because he is scratching.PLEASE advise as my son is missing out from school.

Reply to care giver
Posted by: Help | 2007/12/16

Hi there, i hope this would be helpful, use something like Lamisil cream, yes the one for athlete's foot, it is a very good anti-fungal and should get rid of the ringworm, but once its gone apply it on the same spots for another week to prevent it from coming back. Good luck!

Reply to Help