Question
Posted by: Nuffing | 2005/07/12

Ringworm - how can I get rid of it! Help.

I have a terrible outbreak of ringworm of the body (tinea).

It started as one patch on my upper arm (5 weeks ago) and now I have dozens all over my body, mostly on my abdoment, but also neck, chest, upper legs etc...

They are driving me crazy now, and making me feel like a lepper!

I have tinaderm cream, and now pinaspor cream too. Neither seem to help. I got my GP to prescribe fluoxan last week, I have taken one tab, and am due to take the second on wednesday, but I have not seen any improvement yet... when will it start to get better.

I am constantly tired, irritable and feeling run down, and now I am bleeding (menstrually) too, I have a mirena and haven;t had a period in about 3 years! It's fairly heavy and with mucous too, is this normal!?

Thanks.

Nuffing, if it is ringworm the treatment you took should have at least made a difference. You can still try Lamisil® tablets, but my advice would be to see a dermatologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.

3
Posted by: Nuffing | 2005/07/13

Thanks Sunshine.

I never thought of that - good idea!

I am really at my wits end with this now, because I have SOOOO many, and it's really making me feel run down.

The ned I am taking is actually called diflucan (not sure where I got the other name from), and I am convinced it has made me start bleeding - after no period for 3 years (with a mirena) so I am really feeling sorry for myself...

My sister is coming to stay with a 1 month old baby soon, and I want this GONE by then ! I'm even willing to try jeyes fluid if that's what it takes!

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: Sunshine | 2005/07/13

Jayes Fluid - that can't be good for the skin. That it contains pure chemicals used commonly in industrial cleaning procedures. Although its sold as an all-round house disinfectant, I don't think it was ever meant to be put directly on the skin. I think it might be saver to dilute it with a bit of water before applying with the cotton wool?
An alternative might be Tea Tree Oil, which is a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal (which is what ringworms actually are). You can buy this at most health shops and can apply directly to the skin. It will dry it out first, so it might be itchy for a day or two, but this is a good sign!

Take Care
Sunshine
xxx

Reply to Sunshine
Posted by: DIDI | 2005/07/12

The only thing that really works for Ringworm is Jayes Fluid, its disgusting black smelling stuff, but will kill it in approx 3 days, just put some on cotton wool and apply directly to the ringworm, three times a day, its stings like hell but in three days you should be ringworm free

Reply to DIDI