Question
Posted by: koko | 2006/10/26

Ringworm

I have a recurring ringworm and although it heals in about a week I get another one a few days aftewards and they are all on the same side of the body, one on the arm, one on upper leg and the latest one above my ankle. I have been using a cream that I got from a pharmacy and initially took ringworm pills (3 days).What is causing this and what can i use to minimise the scaring.

Expert ImageArchive

Ringworm is caused by a fungus. Lesion are often roundish with an active, elevated edge. These lesion heal without scarring when treated correctly. Eczema and psoriasis may "look" like ringworm. The diagnosis of ringworm must be proved by examining scrapings of the skin. Canesten cream twice daily for 7-10 days is good for ringworm. If the problem continues rather see your GP.