Posted by: Brian Lottering | 2012/09/18

Ringing in my ears .

Hi Doctor , Im 58 male and very fit . 3months ago had a bad cold . After experiencing a nasal drip and ears bunged up consulted my doctor . Had a course of antibiotics , since taken degoran plus( flu tablets) zinc to no avail . Cannot seem to clear my ear and nasal passages and now have ringing in my ears . After googling this sympton ..seems as though i have something called tinutitus . Not sure what I should do next . Do I contact a Ear nose and throat specialist in Eastlondon or do I see my doctor again . This is concerning for me as I would have thought with antibiotics antihestime , and all above taken I would have been back to normal again . What would you do ? Your input would be much appreciated . Cheers Brian

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that you consult an ENT specialist, as it is possible that you have chronic sinusitis and that you might need an extended course of oral antibiotics, in conjunction with a cortico-steroids. The tinitus can be due to your blocked sinusses. It is possible that if the medication does not work, you might need an operation to clear your sinusses.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.