Question
Posted by: chila | 2004/12/01

ring worms of the skin

I have developed ringworms over my body. It is in form of a very itchy rash especially when i sweat alot.i have had this rash for over amonth now. I have been to the doctors and the gave me some pills to take and a cream [hydrcortsone] to apply on the afected areas, this has help as it has dried u the rash. is there somthing else that can be used to quicken the healing process.And what may have caused the rash in the frist place.

Chila, ring worm is a superficial fungal infection of the skin and you need to use an antifungal cream for it (ask your pharmacist for something like Tinaderm®). Good luck.

1
Posted by: San | 2004/12/01

Chila

I had a case of "ringworm" that I treated with every conceivable ring worm medication and creams on the market. Until after 5 months I couldn't stand it anymore and visited a dematologist. I turned out to be a form of eczema that looked exactly like ringworm. Elocon cream and a dose of cortizone pills were prescribed and it was sorted out within a week. Maybe you should go see a dermatologist, my doctor also thought it was ringworm. A dermatologist look at the rash under a huge microscope and will then be able to tell you exactly what it is and what the cause might be.

Reply to San