Posted by: chila | 2004/12/01

ring worms of the skin

I have developed ringworms over my body. It is in form of a very itchy rash especially when i sweat alot.i have had this rash for over amonth now. I have been to the doctors and the gave me some pills to take and a cream [hydrcortsone] to apply on the afected areas, this has help as it has dried u the rash. is there somthing else that can be used to quicken the healing process.And what may have caused the rash in the frist place.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Chila, ring worm is a superficial fungal infection of the skin and you need to use an antifungal cream for it (ask your pharmacist for something like Tinaderm®). Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: San | 2004/12/01


I had a case of "ringworm" that I treated with every conceivable ring worm medication and creams on the market. Until after 5 months I couldn't stand it anymore and visited a dematologist. I turned out to be a form of eczema that looked exactly like ringworm. Elocon cream and a dose of cortizone pills were prescribed and it was sorted out within a week. Maybe you should go see a dermatologist, my doctor also thought it was ringworm. A dermatologist look at the rash under a huge microscope and will then be able to tell you exactly what it is and what the cause might be.

Reply to San

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.