Question
Posted by: Virgo | 2007/02/28

Ring worms

For the past two weeks I've had ring worms all over my body. It starts off as a rash and turns into these rings. I went to the doc yesterday he said it's a fungal infection. My question is what could be the cause also I am 16weeks pregnant will this affect my baby. What medication can i use the doc gave me cream to use but it's not much it's about to finish so I want to know if there is something i can get over the counter.
Your comments will be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

Dear Virgo
Ringworm is a fungal infection - it won't affect baby and you can use Lamisil cream or Tinaderm but you have to use it for quite a while ( up to 4 weeks) as this can be tough to get rid of.