Question
Posted by: anon | 2007/02/27

rimadyl- concerns

i have given rimadyl for my pets arthritis, is it safe to use ?
as anyone used this tablet, and if they had success with it?

Rimadyl is verysafe but has side effects like any other of the pain killers in a similar pharmacological class. They can cause stomach ulcers and in rarte cases can cause liver problems. The tablets are used in chronic arthitis sufferers. If the animal vomits then stop the tabs and seek further advice from your vet.

2
Posted by: jax | 2007/02/28

I have had very good results with Rimadyl for my GSD X Ridgeback, who has had arthritis for the last two years.
We keep the dose as low as possible - currently he is on 150mg per day - and take a few days off it every month. The difference it makes in his life is phenomenal, it really is a question of great pain (and maybe a longer life) vs possible side-effects and a pain-free, happy life.

Reply to jax
Posted by: Acineth | 2007/02/27

Rimadyl is not really for long term use unless your dog is in so much pain that nothing else works. I've used it a few times with my old dog when he really looked bad, but I gave him Arthrimed on a daily basis. You need to discuss this with your vet and decide on what to do together.

Reply to Acineth